Tuesday 25 October 2011

Look Back On Learning

After having completed the VARK questionnaire, SWOT analysis and learning line it has given me the ability to reflect upon how I feel I learn and how I can improve. As many of these techniques show, I am very much a practical person, which I know from how uncomfortable and agitated I get from sitting in the office the majority of my working week. I learn far better from past experiences and being able to visualise the task at hand.

My reading and writing learning is very low, but I feel this is very visible through out all of my learning from a very young age. Only now am I more likely to read a book at home, but unfortunately the only paper I still seem the read is The Sun, just for the pictures! However, I do not feel I should change as some lectures I have been attending have suggested. If learning by reading and writing is quite obviously a weak point yet many other styles work with me and I am capable of learning and producing high quality work, then why should I focus on something that is going to add to the strain of learning? Learning is currently a major part of my life, why would I wish to decrease my enjoyment and not strive any further, simply by having to conform to academic and standard teaching practice? I am very capable of reading and writing, I just prefer not to when there are, in my own opinion, so much better forms of learning for me.

Overall, although my learning techniques may mean I take a little longer to analyse and understand a problem, I feel the outcome is much better and well thought out if I am able to concentrate and enjoy what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment